Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We Have Words

Not so long ago, a "professional" told me that "If it happened" it would be "a very very very long time before Kasia would talk" and not to hold my breath. Allow me to present Exhibit A.

Of course, saying words is not technially "talking", but everyone has to start somewhere! Right now I'd say she's got about 15-20 words that she uses on a daily basis and her pronunciation of those words is only getting better and better. Here's just one of them:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAHHHHHHH KASIA,
professionals should know enough to realize that "professional" doesn't mean that they know everyting! The fact that she can say about 20 words is great and with time I believe that she will learn more and more words and her pronounciation will get better and better and that she will be able to put those words into sentensens.
Keep a positive attitude because that is what that little sweetie needs. You, as parents, are doing a good job.
Bennett's Grandma

Barbara said...

Yay Kaisa!!!!!!! She just keeps proving people wrong - what a girl! You're so right when you describe Kasia as "her own little person". That she is.

She is just TOO cute in this video. I want more!

By the way there's a mini comment about your video on my blog from Jim's aunt.

Kara said...

I know it was such a short clip! I had one of her saying pants, hat, shirt, socks, pasta and mmm mmm mmm, but I thought I'd die of old age before it finished uploading!

It's so great, she's coming up with new words everyday. Her latest: something that sounds like "oh sure". It's hilarious!