Winter is scraping ice off of a windshield at -30 degrees and letting the car run for 15 minutes before going anywhere. It's hats, mittens, boots and scarves. Frozen fingers, red cheeks, slippery streets, shovelling, snow blowing and 4-wheel drive.

But....winter is also snowmen, icicles, sleigh rides and snowballs. It's sledding, skating and nightime walks with fluffy white snowflakes flying all around and Jack Frost nipping at your nose. It's Santa Claus, decorations, lights and Christmas trees. Hot chocolate, sugar cookies, candy canes and chestnuts roasting on an open fire.
According to the song, it's the "most wonderful time of the year"!
I know.....who am I trying to convince?!?



2 comments:
I used to like winter a lot more. I'm not sure what happened. Although I still don't think I'm convinced either. For me it's the slush - I hate it.
But I do love those winter mornings when you wake up and look out the window and it looks like a postcard. And I love those winter nights when the snow sparkles in the moonlight or even a street light.
What I wouldn't give for a White Christmas?!? Here in Central Texas we get one, maybe two days of "snow" (loose reference). Every year I put my christmas tree up in shorts and short sleeves. Sigh! I have always spent most of my life in warm places and would love to have at least one White Christmas. So, when you are feeling blue about the cold, just think... there is someone in Texas that would be delighted to be looking out of your window.
Hey, if you want a green Christmas... come on down! =0)
Post a Comment